Republic of Kazakhstan
The Republican state enterprise on the right of economic management "Republican Center for Health Development" of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - RCHD) is a state-run healthcare policy center, which was established in 2011 by the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Since then it has become a multi-agent state-sectoral center and one of its priorities is to promote Kazakhstan as a medical center and a destination for medical tourists. RCHD is partnering with 6 state medical universities and has rich experience and capacities in organizing national and international networking events.
Mission: development of the national health system and increase of its competitiveness in the world through methodological support of decision-making in the field of public health.
The purpose of the RCRC activity is to promote the development of technologies, conduct scientific, technical and educational programs with the view of developing the health care system of Kazakhstan.
- strategic development of health care, including public health;
- improvement of various types of medical services;
- development of human resources, medical education and science;
- improving the management of medical organizations, through the introduction of corporate governance and effective management;
- assessment of knowledge and skills of health workers;
- accreditation of medical organizations;
- participation in the improvement of drug policy, and promotion of rational use of medicines;
- maintenance of the national medicinal formulary;
- promotion of rational clinical practice through standardization and evidence-based medicine;
- development of infrastructure and public-private partnership (hereinafter - PPP);
- tariffing for medical services;
- analysis of health economics sector and collection of data for national health accounts;
- participation in the development and implementation of projects and regulatory legal acts in health sector.
- the growth of the global health sector - especially by the attraction of foreign patients and by exporting of health care providers.
Accreditation: For the first time for the Republic of Kazakhstan, the national accrediting body, represented by RCHD, received international recognition for its core activities. Based on the audit of the compliance of the system of accreditation of Kazakhstan with the requirements of the highest authority in the world for quality and safety in healthcare – International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua), the Commission for Accreditation with the Board of Directors of ISQua decided to accredit (RCHD) for a period of four years until January 2021.
Benefits of membership in P4H for Kazakhstan:
Kazakhstan seeks support from P4H to design and implement health financing and social protection reforms, in particular in the following areas:
- Policy advice
- Access to expert opinion
- Educational events for international best practice exchange
- Joint focus in-depth studies in healthcare
Main topics that RCHD and P4H could work on together are:
- Methodological support in implementation of mandatory social health insurance in the following areas:
- Quality control through paying providers for performance;
- Involvement of the self-employed;
- Innovative experiences in forming the packages of medical services.
- Measuring UHC
- IT for rural area gap in access to healthcare
- Health technology assessment
- Regulation of the privately owned and run healthcare service provider for ensuring UHC
- Approaches to estimation of healthcare financing needs and projection of service needs
- Quality assurance: institutional set up and regulation
- Healthcare infrastructure planning and regulation in social health insurance
- National Health Accounts methodology and regulation
- Medical services tariffs calculation: fair, sufficient but not excessive
- Concept of socially aware business in healthcare
Apart from receiving support from the partnership, RCHD seeks to contribute to the network by creating a P4H Central Asia Regional Hub.
Kazakhstan’s strategically beneficial location in the heart of Eurasian Economic Union (Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Kazakhstan) gives access to 183.4 million people in the region.
Kazakhstan is a peaceful and stable country that opens up opportunities to discuss UHC and social health protection related policy and other topics with Russian speaking countries in the region.
RCHD in partnership with the P4H network plans to achieve the following:
- Information and local experience exchange
- P4H events and other forms of support for neighboring countries
- Best international UHC practice study, development of policy instruments for UHC