Seoul National University (SNU) School of Public Health (SPH)
Seoul National University (SNU) School of Public Health (SPH) is the first and largest SPH in Korea, founded in 1959. Its faculty members have been prominent in research and advice for health policy not only in Korea but also in other low-and middle-income countries.
Faculty members of SNU SPH have collaborated with global development partners, such as WHO, World Bank, ADB, GIZ, and P4H in providing policy support for health systems and financing in many countries including Algeria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Fiji, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, PNG, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, etc. It has also worked closely with the Korean ODA agencies such as KOICA (Korea International Cooperation Agency), KOFIH (Korea Foundation for International Health), Export-Import Bank of Korea, NHIS (National Health Insurance Service), and HIRA (Health Insurance Review and Assessment), etc.
Potential contribution of SNU SPH to P4H
Based on close working relationships with development partners and health financing agencies of Korea, SNU SPH can provide Korean experience, expertise, and partnership through own channels in Korea and other countries and regions, particularly in Asia.
SNU SPH has been actively working on the following areas:
- Advocating and facilitating countries on universal health coverage to improve financial protection;
- Providing training courses for capacity building for policy makers and researchers on health care financing, health policy, health economics, and pharmaceutical policy; and
- Generating and disseminating knowledge and information on universal health coverage and health systems, including health financing, ageing and long-term care, pharmaceuticals, and hospital reforms.
Potential collaborations with P4H
We would like to learn from P4H in the following areas:
- Information, knowledge, experience exchange;
- Support for serving as a country platform; and
- Global and regional communication, etc.
Please have a visit to our websites!