Benefits of membership in P4H for Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan seeks support from P4H to design and implement health financing and social protection reforms, in particular in the following areas:
- Policy advice
- Access to expert opinion
- Educational events for international best practice exchange
- Joint focus in-depth studies in healthcare
Main topics that RCHD and P4H could work on together are:
- Methodological support in implementation of mandatory social health insurance in the following areas:
- Quality control through paying providers for performance;
- Involvement of the self-employed;
- Innovative experiences in forming the packages of medical services.
- Measuring UHC
- IT for rural area gap in access to healthcare
- Health technology assessment
- Regulation of the privately owned and run healthcare service provider for ensuring UHC
- Approaches to estimation of healthcare financing needs and projection of service needs
- Quality assurance: institutional set up and regulation
- Healthcare infrastructure planning and regulation in social health insurance
- National Health Accounts methodology and regulation
- Medical services tariffs calculation: fair, sufficient but not excessive
- Concept of socially aware business in healthcare
Apart from receiving support from the partnership, RCHD seeks to contribute to the network by creating a P4H Central Asia Regional Hub.
Kazakhstan’s strategically beneficial location in the heart of Eurasian Economic Union (Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Kazakhstan) gives access to 183.4 million people in the region.
Kazakhstan is a peaceful and stable country that opens up opportunities to discuss UHC and social health protection related policy and other topics with Russian speaking countries in the region.
RCHD in partnership with the P4H network plans to achieve the following:
- Information and local experience exchange
- P4H events and other forms of support for neighboring countries
- Best international UHC practice study, development of policy instruments for UHC