/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
H.E. Jack Ranguma (Governor of Kisumu County and Chair Council of Governor’s Committee on Health and Biotechnology), Dr. Elizabeth Ominde-Ogaja (County Chief Executive for Health) and Nelli Keriri (NHIF, Manager, Strategy and Corporate Planning) participated in the 3rd module of the P4H WBG/LLI – GIZ Leadership for UHC Program (LDP). In order to move the UHC agenda forward in Kenya, the team recognised the importance of national stakeholder dialogue, in bringing together key stakeholders from central and County level.
In an attempt to build broader commitment on UHC in Kenya, the team proposes to hold a Leadership Forum on UHC; suggested participants: Governors, CECs, MoH, MoF, key partners supporting UHC (WBG, GIZ, KfW, JICA, USAID).
1. To enhance the teams communication – create Whatsapp and Google group
2. Governor Ranguma to have pre-meetings with key stakeholders in preparation for the UHC Forum
3. Keynote speakers: e.g. Turkish former Minister of Health, Martin Kalungu-Banda, etc.
4. Taking stock of Kenya’s activities towards UHC
5. Launch of intergovernmental UHC Steering Committee
6. Sign off a joint communiqué by governors as a show of commitment
7. Sign off by Partners as commitment to support Kenya on UHC.
Update on collective action initiative of the Kenyan team (27.3.2015):