The Symposium brings together policymakers, social partners, civil society, and development partners to discuss the innovative practices and strategies for building sustainable and rights-based social protection systems resulting from the Social Protection & Public Finance Management Programme (SP&PFM).
- Taking stock of the results achieved and the impact created in 24 partner countries during the three years of SP&PFM.
- Showcasing partner countries’ experiences in extending social protection to all and ensuring its sustainable financing and improved public finance management for social protection.
- Reviewing strategies for building social protection systems that are more resilient to future shocks, environmental changes and economic and digital transformations.
- Sharing the findings and innovations of the research, methodologies and tools developed through SP&PFM and its country interventions.
- Moving forward the agenda on universal social protection, its financing and public finance management, including through the Global Accelerator on Jobs and Social Protection for Just Transitions as well as the link with the Global Gateway of the EU.